HoloLens 2 Announcement Partner Projects
Feb 2019, Developer Experience Design | Cognition | Microsoft
For HoloLens 2 announcement at MWC 19 Barcelona, Microsoft worked with multiple partner companies to bring their apps to HoloLens 2. As a UX designer, I worked with the engineering team to design and integrate the new hand-tracking and eye-tracking input interactions and polish the overall user experience.
- Design consultation on the spatial UI and near/far hand interactions
- Collaborated with designers and engineers from partner companies to identify design problems and find the right solutions
- Helped visual design and design integration into Unity projects
- Design iterations on unique input interactions such as eye-tracking based content control
- Helped the team to find and adopt proper components and building blocks from MRTK
- Updated MRTK’s UX building blocks to achieve customer’s specific requirements
- Opened and tracked UX bugs/feature requests with MRTK engineering team
- Contributed updates back to MRTK project
The team was able to complete a successful stage demo and partner booth demos.
- Philips and Microsoft HoloLens 2: could augmented reality change the face of image guided therapy?
- PTC accelerates industrial adoption of mixed reality with Microsoft Hololens 2 support